Ad

Wednesday 14 September 2016

Ancient Prayer to St. Joseph

St. Joseph and the Child Jesus


Prayer to St. Joseph

O St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires.  

O St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your heavenly power.  

I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.  O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep I your arms.  

I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart.  Press Him in my name and kiss His find head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.  

St. Joseph, patron of dying souls, pray for me. Amen.


Imprimatur: Most Rev. George W. Ahr, Bishopof Trenton

Say for nine days as a novena.

St. Joseph pray for us!


This prayer was said to be founded in the fiftieth year of Our Lord Jesus Christ.  

In the 1500s it was sent by a Pope to Emperor Charles when he was going into battle.

According to oral tradition, whoever reads this prayer or hears it or carries it, will never die a sudden death, nor be drowned, nor will poison take effect on them. They will not fall into the hands of the enemy nor be burned in any fire, nor will they be defeated in battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment