Ad

Friday 11 March 2016

Prayer To Our Lord on the Cross

Grunewald Crucifixion














My Crucified Jesus, mercifully accept the prayer which I now make to Thee for help in the moment of my death, when at its approach all my senses shall fail me.

When, therefore, O sweetest Jesus, my weary and downcast eyes can no longer look up to Thee, be mindful of the loving gaze which I now turn on Thee, and have mercy on me.

When my parched lips can no longer kiss Thy most Sacred Wounds, remember then those kisses which now I imprint on Thee, and have mercy on me.

When my cold hands can no longer embrace Thy Cross, forget not the affection with which I embrace it now, and have mercy on me.
And when, at length, my swollen and lifeless tongue can no longer speak, remember that I called upon Thee now.

Jesus, Mary, Joseph, to you I commend my soul.

Amen


Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds 
of our Lord Jesus Christ 
to heal the wounds of our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment